“Change is inevitable, but transformation is by conscious choice.” Heather Ash Amara
Welcome to the Monkey 申 month! This officially marks the midway point of the Earth Pig 己亥 year and the energy is in full swing. Since our lives are constantly in motion, change is a perpetual element of our existence. Even so, energy is not something random or haphazard. The cycle of life is governed by both the natural law of order (5 Elements) and the emanation of your choices (Man). After all, the formulation of man’s intention or change in perspective can transform lives. When you think positive thoughts, the world becomes a brighter and more buoyant place. What’s more, you are given unlimited opportunities to create positive shifts using nothing more than your awareness and willingness to transform your thoughts and experiences.
The Monkey 申 month is the heartbeat of such transformations. The energy is fluid and restless—both of which can inspire a revolution.
Though you may not at first be sensitive to the vibrational shifts taking place, your choices are ultimately at the core of transformations. Many, if not most, of the choices you make every day are a product of instantaneous reactions. This, my friends, can have a significant impact on the energy that shape your day-to-day reality. As author John Mark Green once remarked: “Change can be hard. It requires no extra effort to settle for the same old thing. Auto-pilot keeps us locked into past patterns. But transforming your life? That requires courage, commitment, and effort. It’s tempting to stay camped in the zone of That’s-Just-How-It-Is. But to get to the really good stuff in life, you have to be willing to become an explorer and adventurer.”
Every day, you make an infinite array of decisions that cause energy shifts in the world around you. Your awareness of the energetic consequences of your thoughts and actions can guide and empower you. The choices you make from moment to moment, however inconsequential they may seem, is indeed your personal power and inherent freedom.
May you optimize on this month’s transformative energy to cultivate a healthier and more compelling and purposeful life!
The Heavenly Stem this month is Yang Water 壬, like the ocean. Because this Yang Water 壬 Element sits on top of the Monkey 申 (Metal), the energy of the Water is strong, intense, and robust. If you’ve been anxiously waiting for the Water energy since the start of the Pig 亥 year, then you have to wait no more.
While the Pig 亥 is often compared to a drop of water (or mountain dew), this month’s Water is the culmination of all the tiny drops of water to finally form this anticipated state of force. This energy is anything but dense. The fluidity of the flow is like that of streams, rivers, and other water channels, washing and moving things along the way. This is so fitting for this month’s theme. Because Water is transformative, it is not a time for idle stillness or procrastination. If you’ve been feeling stuck or unmotivated, this month’s Water cycle energy is the charge that you’ve been waiting for. Gear up and embrace the waves.
If your Day Master is also Yang Water 壬, you are spiritual, wise, enthusiastic, and free-spirited. With the incoming flow of strong Water, there are some behavioral quirks to watch out for this month including: tempering down impulsive behaviors, stopping wishy-washy thoughts, avoiding overthinking/overanalyzing of past events, and over worrying/fantasizing about future events. Yang Water 壬 people need structure so that one can feel more at ease with making commitments, and to develop stronger emotional stamina, discipline, and focus.
Famous Yang Water壬 ladies: Kate Middleton, Emily Blunt, Carol Burnett, Dita Von Teese, Jennifer Lawrence, Katy Perry, Lana Turner, Kristen Bell, Laura Bush, Megyn Kelly, Sophia Vergara.
Famous Yang Water壬 gents: Freddie Mercury, Prince Harry, Tom Cruise, Bill Gates, George H.W. Bush, Jeff Sessions, Joaquin Phoenix, Mark Wahlberg, Robin Williams, Warren Buffet.
August is your Nobleman if:
- The Heavenly Stem of your Day or Year Pillar is Yin Wood 乙 or Yin Earth 己;
- You were born in years ending 5 or 9 (such as 1985 or 1949)
Read more about Nobleman HERE.
August is your Traveling Star if:
- The Earthly Branch of your Day or Year Pillar is Tiger 寅, Horse 午, and Dog 戌
Read more about Traveling Star HERE.
August is your Clash if:
- You have a Tiger 寅 animal sign anywhere in your Four Pillars
Read more about Clash HERE.
August is your Fire Penalty if:
- You were born with both a Tiger 寅 and Snake 巳 anywhere in your Four Pillars or current Luck Pillar.
Want to know your personal BaZi update? Schedule yours today HERE.
Flying Star Feng Shui 玄空風水
This month 5 resides in the Center palace. Take care of the Feng Shui of your home:
- Southwest Sector (5,2) – place 6 metal coins to suppress the Sickness Star. This is a very, very sensitive area this month since 5-2 will join up and amplify this malicious star. If the Southwest area is a particularly important area of your house or office, you need to make sure you have at least 2 sets of Metal cures to suppress both the Annual and Monthly visiting stars. For example, you can use any of the following combination: 6 metal coins, 6 metal rod wind chimes, metal wu luo (gourd), salt cure, salt water cure, etc.
- Southeast Sector (7,4) – place a Fire Element cure. Stars 7 (Metal) and 4 (Wood) are in a destructive relationship, which can stimulate relationship penalty such as miscommunication, scandal, and affairs.
- East Sector (6,3) – place a Fire Element. Similar to the Southeast sector, the Metal and Wood Elements are in disharmony, which can disturb health related to the skin, teeth, upper respiratory, and bones, constrict the throat chakra manifesting in lack of communication, lack of integrity or loss of authenticity, and increase stress, anxiety, and worries.
- Center Sector (8,5) – place 6 metal rod wind chimes to suppress the Misfortune Star. 8-5 joining up can disrupt and/or hamper money flow, resulting in money woes or unexpected cash outflow.
- Northwest Sector (9,6) – place 3 bamboo stems. The Annual Star 9 here is not useful this month. The energy can spark legal trouble or Metal- and Fire-related sickness including heart and blood circulation, increasing lethargy and complacency, and adversely impacting concentration and motivation.
- West Sector (1,7) – place 3 bamboo stems to control Star 7.
- Northeast Sector (2,8) – do not activate Month Star 8 or it will stimulate the Sickness Star.
Awesome energies will be visiting in the following areas:
- Northeast Sector (4,1) – this area is great for Yin activities such as studying, writing, composing, consulting, reading, and meditating.
- South Sector (3,9) – you might be able to harness the energy of Star 9 this month if the Feng Shui base chart of your house or office is conducive to support the 3-9 combination. Be absolutely sure before activating the Month Star 9.
Need a Feng Shui evaluation? Schedule yours today HERE.
Other Forecasts – Stock Market and Money
The stock market is always an interesting indication of how the Five Elements manifest in the world. Since humans are the key players in the stock market, human emotions are, thereby, governed and influenced by the Five Elements.
Every year, the Monkey 申 month shows signs of fluctuations because the energy transforms from Yang (upper half of the year is Spring and Summer) to Yin (lower half of the year is Autumn and Winter). Because the Elements calendar is also transitioning into the deepest Water years, we are anticipating a downward slope with symptoms implying a shift towards a Bear market.
In fact, history shows that the months of August and September are always the two worst months. According to Money News, “Since the end of World War II, the S&P 500 index of blue-chip U.S. stocks has averaged losses in only three months of the year: February, August, and September. And over time, August and September have been the worst two months for equity market returns.”
If you follow BaZi for the stock market, you know what October entails—the Dog 戌 month is called the Grave of Fire, where joy and optimism are extinguished. Therefore, October is often referred to as “Black Friday” by economists. With more historical insight for the curious, some of the most epic crashes in market history have taken place in October (followed by signs from the previous two months). For instance, October marked the start of the Wall Street Panic of 1907, the stock market crash leading up to the Great Depression in 1929, and the Black Monday crash of Oct. 19, 1987, when equities lost nearly a quarter of their value in a single day.
Today, the U.S.-China trade wars, tariffs, political tensions, and upcoming presidential election are all variables that impact the health of the economy. With that said, the latter half of the year will stir up anxious energies leading many to be more conservative and cautious. As such, it’s also a smart move to pay attention to how the housing market, and retail and manufacturing industries are performing in the coming months.
Want to learn more and catch up on some BaZi and Stock Market literature? Read more HERE.
Copyright © 2019 | Feng Shui by Jen LLC | All Rights Reserved | Materials may not be copied, translated, or distributed without prior written consent.