May 2019 Yin Earth Snake: Feng Shui & BaZi Update
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde
Behold, it is the month of May! We have come to one of the most significant months of the year. It is compelling because both the energy maps for BaZi and Flying Star are extra sensitive, magnifying the intensity of what is already being felt.
May belongs to the Snake 巳 (May 6 – June 6) and it marks the beginning of the summer season. This means the Fire energy is back: boosting optimism, hope, and feelings of renewal.
Recent interactions with my clients had me thinking about life’s luck cycles—the ups and the downs. As adults, we’re no longer naïve enough to think that life is stress-free; experience teaches us that the journey can have hardships as often as it is touched by joy. Sometimes when we encounter adversity and disappointment, the stress we feel can erode our optimism, eventually convincing us that the issues we face cannot be overcome, as if the end is nowhere in sight. In truth, there is no situation so dire, no challenge so great, and no choice so bewildering that it cannot be overcome—even when we feel bogged down and defeated.
I feel that we all could use the reminder.
I’d also like to think that the tools and solutions are already within us. Self-trust coupled with a sturdy plan is the ultimate antidote to dispense disillusionment and negative thinking. This includes cultivating a strong sense of faith in something greater than ourselves and learning to trust the process. In turn, this helps to change our perspective and develop a more hopeful and gratitude-filled life.
Destiny is an interesting subject, particularly in the world of BaZi. We wonder: how much of it is fixed and how much of it is maneuverable? Yet we can all agree that destiny is a product of our own creation—and reality. Uncertainty, frustration, and major roadblocks will inevitably be part of our existence, but perseverance and mindfulness can help us unveil the silver linings and carry us to the other side of hardship where joy can thrive.
Welcome to the new month, or the next chapter of the continuous cycle we call life.
Meaning of the Elements
~ The Elements this month are Yin Earth Snake 己巳~
Yin Earth 己
The Heavenly Stem this month is Yin Earth 己, same as the year. Because this Yin Earth 己 Element sits on top of the Snake 巳 (Fire Element), the Snake 巳 will only enhance and increase the Earth energy even more. The duplication is a reminder that it’s time for nourishment and self-love. Yin Earth 己, or mother garden, epitomizes the meaning of unconditional love, femininity, sensuality, and fertility. As such, you may be more energetically drawn to connect to your physical environment (Feng Shui), such as your home. The energy will elevate your desires to feel more centered, calm, balanced and peaceful at home, the essence of a healthy and comfortable wellbeing. Yin Earth 巳 is also compared to the soil; and so, a poor foundation in your life can create unsteadiness, making you feel ungrounded, unfocused, and uncooperative.
How does a poor foundation manifest in one’s life? You can reflect on these sample questions.
- You may be transitioning from home to home (i.e., don’t have a permanent address to call home yet).
- You are traveling a lot; therefore, you are away from the comforts of your own home.
- You feel displaced at home, perhaps because your home is currently under renovation or you have house guests on extended stay.
- You sold or moved out of your “forever” home or the home you identified the most with (i.e., your parents sold your childhood home, or you sold the home you raised your children in).
- You don’t have a healthy support system at home because your routine is in flux or you are surrounded by a dirty or disorganized home.
- There is disharmony at home, stemming from conflicts with your spouse or children.
- Your inner world feels in turmoil. This can manifest as feelings of self-doubt, loneliness, lack of confidence or purpose, inability to trust, perpetual worry and overreacting to things/people/events, being melodramatic, and hyper-sensitivity.
- You don’t have a strong spiritual or religious practice or routine (such as meditation, journaling, or church).
- You may feel as if life is like an “earthquake.”
If you can relate to any one of the above, then the Yin Earth 己 month is the perfect time to examine and reaffirm the priorities in your life, so that you can return to a sturdier and more solid foundation. Here are some ideas:
- Ask for help—try not to do it all. Share the effort, share the love.
- Take time out of your busy schedule; slow down and give yourself a well-deserved break (with a hot bath, a nap, a yoga class, a good book, or by listening to soft music).
- Go to the park (or your backyard) and take off your shoes. Let the soles of your feet feel the grass and earth below.
- Grow a plant or tend to a garden.
- Cook at home more, especially well-balanced meals to nourish the belly.
- If you’re traveling, pack something that reminds you of home, such as a framed picture of your family, a diffuser with your favorite scent, your favorite house slippers or robe, etc.
- Seek out a spiritual or religious community that resonates with your belief system.
- Consider volunteering at a nonprofit organization to help you regain a sense of purpose and shift your current perspective.
- If you’re in transition, invite and entertain positive and helpful people into your new or temporary home (instead of meeting at restaurants or bars) for a dinner get-together, or throw an interim house-warming party. This can help infuse and elevate the energy of your in-between space with laughter, celebration, and lightheartedness.
- Take care of the Feng Shui of your home to make sure all of the “Human Harmony” stars are stimulated and protected. This can boost positive support for good health and interpersonal relationships among family members.
The clash energy this month is much more serious and intense. Why? Because the Snake 巳 month will clash against the Pig 亥 year. Hence, if you are already under clash this year, that means the clash energy is a double-whammy! If you were born in the year of the Snake 巳 or Pig 亥, pay clos(er) attention to this section of the article.
- Year of the Snake 巳 (1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013)
- Year of the Pig 亥 (1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007)
Note: You mustn’t forget that the clash is most significant if the Snake 巳 or Pig 亥 animal sign appears in your Day Pillar. This is harder to calculate unless you already know your Chinese BaZi chart. If interested, you can click HERE to get yours.
Take note of the following recommendations to ensure you avoid any major hurdles or accidents this month:
- Take care of the Feng Shui this month (see Flying Star Feng Shui section below).
- Carry a jade pendant of Monkey 申 in your keychain or inside your purse. This is a protection amulet.
- Be extra vigilant in your driving, especially if you are on the road a lot.
- If you are traveling by air this month, choose a Nobleman day to start your journey so you avoid travel mishaps and discomforts such as lost luggage, cancelled or delayed flights, last minute reseating, sitting next to a grumpy, sick, intrusive, or inconsiderate passenger, lack of overhead bin space, last minute gate change, being selected for a secondary security screening, etc.
Elsewhere, we will see more sea- and air-related accidents. This year already, we saw the drama related to the Boeing 737 Max 8 debacle (air) as well as the Viking Sky cruise ship that led to the rescue of 1,300 passengers off Norway (sea). Therefore, take on a more conservative, cautious, and ultra-prepared stance when it comes to all forms of traveling, especially those related to the sky (airplane, helicopter) and ocean (cruise ship, boats, and water sports).
You can read more about clash HERE.
Aromatherapy Bracelet for the Year of the Pig
If you are already under clash this year because you were born in the Year of the Snake 巳 (1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013), consider becoming a new owner of our 2019 limited-edition ZEN Tiger Eye Aromatherapy Bracelet. This precious bracelet was co-designed by Karen Moore, owner of ZEN by Karen Moore®, and yours truly. This was especially designed with the 2019 Earth Pig year in mind.
Tiger’s Eye is a powerful gemstone known for its “all-seeing-all-knowing, eye.” It also symbolizes courage, good fortune, protection, and prosperity. The color of the Earth Element is brown, earth-toned, or yellow/golden.
Lava Rock beads are a type of igneous rock (like basalt) cooled down from molten rock. They are deceptively lightweight and comfortable to wear. Because lava comes from the earth, it is known for being a grounding stone, which aides in balancing emotions and promoting calmness and strength. The Pig is a Water Element, and the color is black.
$48 USD + $8 shipping anywhere in the U.S. To place your order for yourself or a loved one, click HERE.
Happy Angel month if you were born in years ending with 2 or 3 (such as 1962 or 1983). The Nobleman month also applies if your Year or Day element is Yin Water 癸 or Yang Water 壬. Example below.
Click HERE to learn more about Nobleman.
Schedule your BaZi so you can navigate the second half of the year with ease and success!
Flying Star Feng Shui 玄空風水
The Month and Year Flying Star charts are exactly the same. That means what is good will be great, and what is bad will be scary. Month Star 8 takes the Center Palace (May 6 – June 6). If you already have the cure items for the annual afflictions, you’ll have to duplicate it again this month. Remember, cure items do not multitask.
Here is your monthly Feng Shui to-do:
Cure or Suppress Negative Stars:
- Southwest Sector (5,5) = 6 Metal Rod Wind Chime (Metal Element).
- Northeast Sector (2,2) = 6 Metal Coins (Metal Element).
- South Sector (3,3) = Red Envelope (Fire Element).
- North Sector (4,4) = Red Envelope (Fire Element).
- East Sector (6,6) = 3 Bamboos (Wood Element).
- Southeast Sector (7,7) = 3 Bamboos (Wood Element).
Here are possible “good fortune” areas in your home. If you were already able to activate any of these for 2019, that means you may experience a windfall this month!
- Center Palace (8,8)
- Northwest Sector (9,9)
- West Sector (1,1)
Click HERE to inquire about getting a Feng Shui consultation.
Our 2019 class roster is now available with more classes being added.
2-Day I Ching Classes are offered to those who have successfully completed our BaZi program. They will be offered in Scottsdale, June 14-15 and San Francisco, July 14-15. Click HERE.
Copyright © 2019 | Feng Shui by Jen LLC | All Rights Reserved | Materials may not be copied, translated, or distributed without prior written consent.