The Dog Month (Oct. 8 – Nov. 7) was a gift. That is, we all have–in some way shape or form–had the experience of realizing that something in our lives is not working. It can be as simple as deciding to improve your diet by giving up eating sugar to something bigger like severing a toxic relationship with a friend, colleague, neighbor, client, or loved one.
Whatever that “something” is, this knowledge can show up as a sudden realization or a nagging feeling of doubt that grows stronger, waking you up to the fact that something needs to change.
And as you would have it, that time is NOW.
When this happens, how do you typically respond to the shifts in your life? Do you have the tendency to act rashly and make sweeping changes before even understanding what the problem is? Or do you fear change, and prefer to live with the uncomfortable awareness that something needs to shift but won’t do anything about it?
What lies between these two extreme responses is a middle and neutral ground that can help you powerfully and gracefully accept and react to changes in response to what isn’t working in your life.
For some people, a drastic change feels totally right, and overnight you may decide to sell your home and move to another country or quit your job and begin a second career. Other times, some people allow the changes to proceed slowly, beginning perhaps with allowing yourself the space and time to dream of a new life or just to ask the deeper questions that encourage you to discover your true purpose in life. Either way, know that this process is a natural sign of the growth that we are all going through. Indeed, you are not alone.
This is the energy for the upcoming 2018 Year of the Dog. There is no need to fear it, reject it, or ignore it. Instead, adapt to certain ways that makes sense to you and learn to embrace change. You are stronger and more resilient than you give yourself credit. What’s more, you already have the last 30 days as a clue, which is a preview to seeing what 2018 will be in store for you.
Here are some sample questions to reflect on as we move closer to the end of the year:
- How has the energy of the Dog month been for you?
- What was your overall sense of mood and outlook?
- Were you happy and optimistic, and feeling the pull of some forward-moving moment? Or were you feeling more introverted and reclusive, choosing to bring the energy more inward?
- What sort of unexpected events have popped up, including people that may or may not seem so random?
- Did anything else happen that contributed to some of the decisions you hope to undertake in the coming future?
- You were born in the Year of the Dragon 辰 (1916, 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012)
- You were born on the Day of the Dog 戌*
- You have any or all of the following elements in your chart: Dog 戌, Goat 未, Ox 丑*
*Please contact me for a copy of your BaZi chart to see these elements.
Schedule your BaZi HERE. Remote consultations available via FaceTime or Skype.