“Always it’s spring and everyone’s in love and flowers pick themselves.” – E.E. Cummings
It’s the new year! New year, new cycle, new Elements, new you!
Feb. 4 marks the solar new year and the beginning of the Yin Metal Ox cycle. Buh-bye, Rat! It’s been quite the journey. The Tiger month is something special not only because it marks the first day of the new year, but it’s also the first day of spring. In Chinese, Feb. 4 is called Li Chun, or the Arrival of Spring. The image of a seed sprouting symbolizes new life and the hope for a new beginning. Are you ready to get this party started?
Trivia: Did you know, egg balancing is practiced in many countries during Li Chun where an egg is balanced upright on a flat surface? This act is possible because of the alignment of moon and sun on this day, altering Earth’s gravitational field. In recent years, it is believed that depositing money during Li Chun symbolizes steady income throughout the year. Many choose auspicious timings throughout the day to deposit money based on their own zodiac sign. This has now evolved to modern practices of depositing money online.
Meaning of the Elements
~ The Elements this month is Yang Metal Tiger 庚寅 ~
The Tiger (Feb. 4 – Mar. 5) is a great time to refocus our vision and refine our intentions for what we desire most in the new year!
- Time for renewal and rebirth
- Celebration of new beginnings
- Releasing of toxic emotions like anger, displeasure, resentment, and rage
- Revitalizing and detoxifying of our organs, particularly the liver and immune system
The Tiger is your Nobleman if:
- You were born in the Year of Yin Metal 辛.
- You were born in the Day of Yin Metal 辛.
- You were born in years ending 1 (ex: 1961, 1971, 1981, etc.).
The Tiger is your Clash month if:
- You were born in the Year of the Monkey (1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016).
- You were born in the Month of the Monkey (Aug. 8 to Sept. 7).
- You were born on the Day of Monkey. This one is harder to derive because you need a Chinese calendar. Email me to get yours if you don’t already have one.
- You were born in the Hour of the Monkey (1500-1700 hours local time).
Flying Star Feng Shui 玄空風水
Make sure you have tuned in to my Chinese New Year talk to address the 2021 annual Feng Shui afflictions for your home and office. You can order a copy of the recording to learn all about the meaning of the Metal Ox year!
In addition, we also must take care of the Monthly affliction. For the Tiger month, Star 5 will take the Center position. Place your temporary remedies for the month (Feb. 4 – Mar. 5) in the following areas:
- Center (6,5) = Metal Elements such as 6 metal coins, 6 metal rod wind chimes, salt water cure, or wu luo to suppress the misfortune star. This will disturb the patriarch or incite Metal Element-related sickness on the breathing organ systems such as the skin, nose, and lungs.
- North (2,1) = do not activate month star 1 or it will activate the sickness star. Leave this as-is.
- East (4,3) = Fire and Earth Elements such as a red envelope or 5 stones.
- Southeast (5,4) = Fire and Earth Elements such as a red envelope or 5 stones.
- Southwest (3,2) = 6 metal coins to minimize the effects of the sickness star, especially those whose Kua is 3.
- Northwest (7,6) = Yin Water and Wood Elements such as 3 bamboo stems in a clear glass vase.
The South Sector (1,9) is quite prosperous this month. If this happens to be an active room in your home or office such as the front door, living room, or kitchen, this 1-9 combination can stimulate good luck. A word of caution though: you should only “activate” the year and month stars if you know the base chart of your home. Since the base will dictate whether or not you can actually benefit from the visiting stars. If you’ve had a Feng Shui consultation done with me before, you can shoot me an email to double check. If you haven’t had one done yet, it might be a great time to consider getting it done! Click HERE to learn more.
Feb. 6 | Intro to BaZi via Zoom @ 11am MST
Feb. 27 | Intro to Feng Shui via Zoom @ 11am MST
Mar. 23-27 | 5-Day Feng Shui Training, Scottsdale, AZ (in person only)
Copyright 2021 © | Feng Shui by Jen LLC | All Rights Reserved | Materials may not be copied, translated, or distributed without prior written consent.