June 2020 Yang Water Horse Feng Shui & BaZi Update
“The horse, with beauty unsurpassed, strength immeasurable, and grace unlike any other, still remains humble enough to carry a man upon his back.” – Amber Senti
June is the Horse month, and it has always been one of my favorite seasons in the Chinese calendar system. I favor it for its vigor and energy. The Horse is the strongest Fire Element and represents the height of the summer season and the brightest light. Plus, summer solstice is celebrated later this month. With all the happenings of the last 10 weeks, we all could use a streak of bright light to break free of the doom and gloom and get back to living!
Meaning of the Elements
~ The Elements this month is Yang Water Horse 壬午 ~
The Horse month (June 5 – July 6) is a Yang Fire Element and is often compared to the largest star in our solar system—the sun. Yang Fire is a bright, energetic, and all-giving Element.
Also, this month, Yang Water is the Element paired with the Horse sign, a Fire Element. Water and Fire are interacting in a destructive pattern or in a fighting position; therefore, we can expect to see a few hiccups along the way.
As you may know, the Fire Element usually embodies joy, optimism, confidence, and celebration. This is indeed true. However, the destructive relationship of the Water to the Fire makes such an atmosphere a short-lived one.
After enduring cabin fever from all the shelter-in-place, it’s understandable to see people’s enthusiasm heightened during this month. The eagerness to get back out there is palpable. However, this frenzied desire and push could quickly downgrade the hype once we move past the summer season into August (the Monkey).
Because the Water energy this year is so powerful, the usual prowess of the Fire may not be as stable. What’s more, the Horse sign is in direct clash with the 2020 Rat sign. This clash makes the Horse sign weaker and unreliable. In other words, the excitement could wane quickly and create false hope or a false sense of security.
If you ask me, personally, I still feel weary because once the Fire energy dissolves, we enter into the season of Metal and Water, mirroring the energy of the Metal Water year. So, if you must go out, do so with caution and get your affairs in order—be they about your job, finances, or household matters. We’re all put on notice.
Yang Water 壬
The Heavenly Stem this month is Yang Water, symbolizing that of the ocean. It is wild, powerful, and dynamic. Yang Water people are full of life, energy, and bright ideas, but they can also be impulsive; so, they need structure, discipline, and focus. They’re also always on the move, thinking and dreaming ahead, in a constant state of “search mode.” They seek depth and meaning in all facets of life. As a result, this often can get in the way of their ability to stay fully present and grounded in the now. Therefore, they must learn to cultivate a sense of peace and contentment for the present moment, rather than looking too far ahead into the future or, in some cases, staying stuck in the past.
Yang Water ladies: Jennifer Lawrence, Emily Blunt, Kate Middleton, Carol Burnett, Megyn Kelly, Laura Bush, Lana Turner, Katy Perry, Kristin Bell, Ingrid Bergman.
Yang Water gents: Freddy Mercury, Prince Harry, Tom Cruise, Bill Gates, Joaquin Phoenix, George HW Bush, Warren Buffet, Patrick Dempsey, Robin Williams, Robert Redford.
The Horse is the purest Fire Element sign. When balanced, it exudes the sincerest form of light—a true embodiment of hope and freedom. It is the very thing that gives breath to all life forms. When the Fire is out of balance, like that of a wildfire that is out of control, its destructive nature can feel crazy, manic, and overwhelming. This month, with the direct clash against the Duke (the Rat sign), the Horse will be sorely challenged. Our hope and sentiment for the future will be met with hard choices that will test our perseverance and conviction.
June is your Nobleman month if:
- You were born in years ending 1 (i.e., 1961, 1971, 1981, etc.).
- You were born in a Yin Metal year.
- Your BaZi Day Master is Yin Metal.
What are you waiting for? Line up what you need to build up the momentum to move forward. Is it a new realtor? A new connection? Or a more agreeable banker? It’s time to reach out and lean on others to help you and get your projects moving along. Call on all the helpful people!
June is your Clash month if:
Listen up, June could be your “double clash” if you meet either one of the criteria below. If it’s a double, then it means the clash is amplified, more intensified. Take caution…
- You were born in the Year of the Rat (1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008).
- You were born in the Month of the Rat (Dec. 7/8 to Jan. 5/6).
- You were born on the Day of Rat (you need a Chinese calendar to figure this out). But this one is harder to derive because you need a Chinese calendar. You may email me to get yours if you don’t already have one.
- You were born in the Hour of the Rat (2300-0100 hours local time).
A clash can stir up a lot of conflicts if not handled and confronted properly. Be mindful that you are communicating your thoughts and actions clearly, avoiding miscommunication and unnecessary arguments. Slow down and take a second look before taking important actions such as signing important documents, agreeing to a new partnership or project, committing to a risky financial move, etc. Also, take great care in your driving and avoid participating in dangerous sports such as bungee jumping, roller coaster rides, parasailing/paragliding, sky diving, etc. The key to avoiding a major catastrophe in a double clash is to evade precarious situations!
June is your Self Penalty Month if:
June is your Self Penalty Month (and clash above) if you were born on the day of the Horse. Be very, very gentle with yourself. Self-sabotaging behaviors are in full swing this month. This can show up as lousy self-talks, glutinous behaviors such as over-eating and over-spending, and abusive behaviors such as substance abusive and self-harm.
For both clash and self-penalty, follow the guidelines below:
- Carry a jade pendant of the Goat during the month for additional protection;
- Take care of the Feng Shui of your house (see section below);
- Be self-aware that this month is a sensitive and tempestuous one. As such, take great care of your mental health by holding yourself accountable to a healthy routine.
Flying Star Feng Shui 玄空風水
From June 5 to July 6, the month star affliction will position 4 in the Center. Remove last month’s cures and cleanse them before reusing them again this month.
The portion below is a reprint from an article published on the Feng Shui Journal Volume 5, released on Apr. 1.
Month Star 4 takes the center palace.
- West Sector (9,6) – use the Yin Water and/or Wood Elements to avoid conflict with the father, patriarch, or authority, including irritation of the skin, teeth, or bones.
- Northwest Sector (8,5) – use the Metal Element to suppress the Star of Misfortune as this could instigate illness related to the Earth Element such as the stomach, digestion, pancreas (blood sugar and insulin), and the muscles, adversely impacting the overall vitality of the mind and body.
- Northeast Sector (1,7) – use the Yin Water and/or Wood Elements to minimize the effects of Star of Scandal.
- East Sector (5,2) – use the Metal Element to curb the Star of Sickness. This area is particularly sensitive because the 5,2 combination is one of the most dangerous pair and the culprit to a plethora of troubles including accidents, sickness, and tragedies. Furthermore, BaZi also indicates this month to be a bit more “sensitive” and troublesome because the Horse month clashes against the Rat year. Therefore, you must attend to this sector right away, particularly if you were born in the year of the Horse.
- Southeast Sector (6,3) – use the Fire Element to minimize the effects of any relationship hardships.
In lieu of teaching in London this year, I will be offering the 5-Day BaZi course via Zoom to students residing in the UK and EU. This will take place Oct. 14-18, 2020. Register HERE.
2020 Copyright © | Feng Shui by Jen LLC | All Rights Reserved | Materials may not be copied, translated, or distributed without prior written consent.