“Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.” —Socrates
And just like that, we’re in April! Whenever I find myself in a time warp, I think of my childhood. Remember the younger days when turning 10 (the two-digit age) seemed like a lifetime away? I’m never getting older! Then suddenly, somewhere along the line between school, work, relationships, and life, time snuck up, sped up, and kept on going with little regard to what’s going on in and around us.
It forces one to wonder how much life has filled the time and space. And now we must ask, how much of it was filled with the things and people we cherish and treasure?
As we begin a new month, the Dragon (Apr. 4 – May 5) will bring us back to the core, or the root, of the matter. A year ago this month, we were cautiously abiding by the development and uncertainty of COVID-19. With that time stamp, have you pondered how much of your Self and your environment have shifted in a year’s time? We forget to place our experiences sometimes. After a while, five years ago feels like 10 years ago, or a year ago seems like yesterday. But time will do it for us. It will measure the in-betweens and the “long agos” and will be the string to get us back on track—and back to living our best life.
Meaning of the Elements
~ The Elements this month is Yang Water Dragon 壬辰 ~
Similar to a year ago, the Dragon is a great reset to refine our intentions for what we desire the most. Because the Dragon month signals the waning of the Spring season (Wood Element), April helps us gear up for the Summer heat (Fire Element). This is why the Dragon, an Earth Element, is always the “beat” between the seasonal shifts, marking the ending and beginning.
What’s more, the Dragon is part of a spiritual formula and the culprit to spiritual awakening or strengthening. It connects us to spirit or the worldly realm outside of our earthly existence. Is this God, energy, the Tao (the Way), or the universe? Yes, all of the above.
While life is not completely the same as last year with the global lockdown, you can take the lessons learned from last April and weave them into this month. Therefore, I encourage you to meditate on these prompts to check in and assess how your personal Qi is faring so far.
- How’s your mood? Do you feel lighter and more optimistic, or have you kept the same profile as last year?
- What small positive changes have you committed to? How are you progressing with them thus far?
- Have plans changed much now that you are feeling more confident about the direction of your work, relationship, health?
- Is your physical and mental health stronger? Are you taking better care of your spiritual practice? How’s your sleep?
- Have you purged any COVID-related stuff? Weight? Habits? Negative behaviors? Thoughts? Fears? Anger?
- Are you looking forward to the Summer months (May, June, July)? Why or why not?
Sorry, the Dragon is never a Nobleman. Nobody is going to benefit from the Nobleman energy for the next 30 days. Except, you do have Nobleman days! Those will matter a lot since they will be carrying the weight while the Angels are temporarily absent this month.
The Dragon is your Clash month if:
- You were born in the Year of the Dog (1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018).
- You were born in the Month of the Dog (Oct. 8 – Nov. 7).
- You were born on the Day of Dog. This one is harder to derive because you need a Chinese calendar. Email me to get yours if you don’t already have one.
- You were born in the Hour of the Dog (1900-2100 hours local time).
Trivia: Lots of catastrophic disasters and tragedies occur during the hour of the Dragon (7:00 – 9:00 am local time). These events include the Pearl Harbor Attack, 2004 Tsunami, and 911 Terrorist Attacks.
Flying Star Feng Shui 玄空風水
Month Star 3 takes center stage. Take care of the Feng Shui of the month as follows:
- Center (6,3) = The Metal and Wood Elements are in a destructive relationship. The Month Star can provoke legal trouble or discomforts in the upper respiratory. Since this is located in the Center of the home, take great care that the energy of the Year of already previously addressed to minimize the effects of the Annual Star 6. Use Fire and Earth Elements to subdue Month Star 3, such as a red-colored envelope, red accents, clay or porcelain objects, etc.
- North (2,8) = The Sickness Star is activated here, affecting young children (or sons). This can also intensify your worries and concerns for work/personal/family/world, health problems related to the stomach such as digestion, immune, and cell repairs, and other ailments such as headaches and migraines. Do NOT activate Month Star 8 this month. Note: The White House faces North and has a water fountain at the front. Hmm…what juicy stuff will come out this month?
- Southeast (5,2) = Danger lurks because of the 5,2 combination. Use Metal Element such as 6 coins, 6 metal rod wind chime, metal Wu Luo, salt cure, etc., to subdue this energy. This 5,2 combination is the cause for a lot of accidents, worries, mishaps, and misfortune. Note: The Oval Office is located in the SE corner of the West Wing. Couple this observation with the North-facing of the White House building, one might suspect some interesting problems arising from DC this month.
- West (8,5) = Annual Star 8 in this sector is unusable this month because Misfortune Star 5 is making a quick visit. Shut off any active objects such as water fountains that you might have previously placed for the year. The month’s energy will “cancel out” the prosperity in the West side.
- Northwest (7,4) = The 7,4 combination is responsible for relationship scandal, including affairs, disloyalty, slander, gossip, and other matters that can disrupt one’s fame, reputation, and rapport. Similar to the Center palace, use Fire and Earth Elements to cure.
- South (1,7) = The Month Star 7 will not be as problematic because Annual Star 1 will help subdue its strength. To be safe, place 3 bamboo stems in a clear glass vase.
On the Plus Side:
- East (4,1) = Month Star 1 will pair up with Annual Star 4, making this the Academic Star sector. This is an awesome area for studying, reading, and writing, including preparing for exams.
- Southwest (3,9) = No need to activate Month Star 9 because Annual Star 3 will support the 9 this month, which will promote the flow of prosperity and new opportunities. This is especially beneficial for females of the household.
Copyright 2021 © | Feng Shui by Jen LLC | All Rights Reserved | Materials may not be copied, translated, or distributed without prior written consent.